[MG] RG

Scott Raney metamerman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:29:00 EST 2016

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 4:38 AM, Michal Štěpánek
<agora.ekklesia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, elites are selected, but their power may be limited to special cases
> (floods, eruptions, hurricanes, war)

That's the trick, though: *How* do you propose to limit their power? I
agree that elites (and even SDAPs) all have a role to play in
government and in society in general, even roles where they may wield
vast power over others on a regular basis (not just in emergencies).
Which is why I don't see the need to make major changes the executive
branch and certainly not to the capitalist system in general. Our
problem is merely our inability to *regulate* these powerful people
and organizations. Which is why I believe we must concentrate our
efforts on creating a robust, unbiased, and incorruptible legislative
branch (i.e., an EDD with as close to 100% participation rates as we
can possibly get), because that is the only thing I can think of that
is up to the task. Unfortunately everyone else on this list seems to
be perfectly happy to just cede power to whoever wants it and then
just wave their hands when it comes to dealing with the issues of
corruption and bias (self-serving, ideological, etc.). Certainly there
are no corrections for these things in Loomio or Vilfredo or Votorola
or any of the other systems we've discussed or used on this list.

Speaking of which, I found I needed to refresh my memory on what
projects the Metagovernment web site used to have information on (back
when it was functioning), and I just discovered that you can do basic
browsing of the site on:
https://archive.org/web/
  Regards,
    Scott