[MG] Guiding Polyarchies From The Outside (a test example)

Ned Conner npconner at earthlink.net
Mon May 13 22:29:16 EDT 2013

Systems such as Votorola attempt to democratize polyarchies by guiding
them from the outside:
Michael Allen wrote: /Wed Mar 27 11:21:45 EDT 2013/:

http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2013-March/005395.html

    "We the people" already have constitutional electoral power. We have
    the power to turn over whole governments. Great sacrifices were made
    to bring this to us, but we've yet to meet the responsibilities that
    go with it.

       1. Control our own electoral power. Discuss amongst ourselves and
          agree on the best course of action before the election. Then
          go to the polls on election day and make the decision that was
          agreed.
       2. Provide the government with directions that it can understand.
          Discuss amongst ourselves and agree on particular things that
          the government ought to do.
       3. Watch and see what the government does in response. Give it a
          chance to follow the direction we provide.

    These are our responsiblities. The point I want to make is that,
    until we deliver on them, we should refrain from threatening to
    sieze more power and breaking up the institutions of government. The
    design of those institutions may very well be sound.

The question raised here is whether Votorola would be able to
effectively guide the regulators in the following example. If not, then
"we the people" need more change than Votorola  and other such "guide
from the outside" systems can provide.

The example:

The vaccination policy and the Code of Practice of the Joint Committee
on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI): are they at odds?
http://www.ecomed.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3-tomljenovic.pdf

..