[MG] scientific method

alex at twister11.de alex at twister11.de
Sat Feb 25 17:43:58 EST 2012

What you wrote made me smile :-)

I think what you have is a sci-fi vision, but it is not possible to get all
the data that is needed for "perfect calculation", so you first have to
install it.
You cannot ignore the status quo, if you do, people will feel u violate
their freedom.
Maybe you only want it for the greater good, but how can they be sure? From
their perspective you are just a single human beeing and maybe you are
wrong?

So before such a vision can become reality, you have to use the status quo
and lead it into a "state" where all that data is gathered.
Who should install all these sensors and who should repair them when they
dont work anymore? more forcing? more commanding?

So eventually after a lot of forcing and commanding to do the right things,
you end up with a fully automated economy ... what should it produce? the
same house, over and over again? how do you decide what is fancy and what
not?

By the way: "  I will not have irrational desire to have fancy staff.  "

Sex is fancy, isnt it? Dressing "hot" is fancy - think about all the
clothes you have to buy and stuff you have to do to seduce someone.... why
not choose the perfect partner from genetic code, let one masturbate and
transmit it to the place in the world where that perfect partner sits... so
you can save the cost to fly over there.... why do football? why do
dancing? why listen to music? why singing songs? why making jokes? - its
all energy inefficient stuff, isnt it?

Maybe it's not and some day we will decode what it is useful for, maybe
some scientific disciplines have already done so and you can fit together
the parts of the puzzle... but at least the fit puzzle - if it exists (i
doubt it) is not mainstream yet.

What is the place of humans in that model you describe? what will they do?
there might be no work left - maybe only a handful of experts are needed
and what there task is might be perfectly calculatable :-) ...so the more
advanced your proposed concept becomes, the less experts are needed,
because eventually the semantic web can decide everything and learn on its
own and eventually it can build robots for all kinds of purposes to do
stuff - in your vision, there seems to be no place for humans at all :-)

you dont seem to go for kybernetically enhanced humans that love to play -
you seem to go for an androids only approach, where things that seem like
they are "fun" at least to some people are only "irrational desire to have
fancy stuff"

...in the end - whats the meaning of life at all? whats the difference
between beeing dead and beeing alive?

Maybe I'm exaggerating things, but somehow i can't exactly see where you
are coming from.