[MG] Milan event being organized by the local Beppe Grillo political movement

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Sun Jan 30 08:50:40 EST 2011

On Jan 30, 2011, at 4:54 AM, Pietro Speroni di Fenizio wrote:

> So we decided that 40 people was about the maximum size of the
> experiment we wanted to do for now.
> And they did organise it:
> http://www.meetup.com/Grilli-Milano/events/16350419/

Great news, Pietro. This sounds like a really promising experiment.

> This event represent a test in so many ways:
> we are testing if Vilfredo can be used by a group of people who are
> all at the same time in a room.
> We would be testing if Vilfredo can be used for more than 15 people.

THis sounds amazing. One of the shortcomings of Vilfredo as it is now
built is its inability to incorporate discussions. It is fascinating
to think of it in an environment where people can hold those
discussions audibly, in person, in real time. I can imagine very fast
evolutions of proposals. They can discuss not only why the disagree
and/or what they agree on, but also they can easily help each other
draft proposals that can attain consensus.

I have always thought physical meetings are an important component of
collaborative governance, especially when it is centered around small
geographic communities. It not only helps solidify the community, but
it also helps empower/enfranchise those who do not have computers or
who are not technologically sophisticated. This page is a remainder
from the original Metagovernment draft:
http://www.metagovernment.org/wiki/Meetings