[MG] Captcha on Metagov

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun Jan 30 04:27:13 EST 2011

Ed Pastore wrote:
> So I just wanted to let you know it is there. I haven't had time to
> even test it properly, but I believe you will see it in one of two
> cases:
> 1. if you try to make a new account

Yes, that works.

> 2. if you try to post a link to an external site and have not
> confirmed your e-mail address.

Not possible.  I believe $wgEmailConfirmToEdit is enabled.  That would
also mean you have to be logged in to edit.  Is that permanent, or
just a temporary defence?  (I can see from the logs they really hit
you.)

> Please fell free to test those or other use cases. I'll try to do so
> soon, but cannot right now.

I'm an admin in this wiki so I can help out.  I'll add it to my daily
patrol list.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528