[MG] Democracy Search Engine - Vilfredo goes to Milan

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Jan 27 01:07:22 EST 2011

I think the two posts are connected.

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> Hi Pietro, I'm not sure, if the theatre is already eating real
> data. I think we are just close. Am I right, Conseo and Mike?
>
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:43, Pietro Speroni di Fenizio wrote:
> > Thomas,
> > we are doing this event in Milan on the 15th of February.
> > Shouldn't it appear on the crossforum?
> > For one time that Vilfredo is localized...

Maybe we need a feed for that kind of event announcement?  Something
like Thomas is considering here:

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> Alexander pointed me to this german project:
>
> They call it Democracy Search Engine:
>
> http://www.meine-demokratie.de/
>
> They do something very similiar to our Crossforum Theatre (btw, I
> somehow feel, we maybe should give it a better name?). Only they map
> only traditional events like demonstrations, petitions, ...
>
> What do you think, shouln't we ask them to collaborate? Or do we want
> our theatre to be limited to e-dem?
>
> I pointed them here anyway.

They put traditional "events" on a static geomap.  All that's needed
to enliven it is a feed component for the announcements.  Anyone could
code that.  They could add it directly to our theatre app, because it
already has a geomap that can handle live feeds.  It definitely sounds
like a useful addition.

BTW - Imagine casting Pareto votes in the theatre app!  We could use
Vilfredo to brainstorm alternative names for the app itself.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/