[MG] Terms of ownership for the domain name (p/owdo)

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Wed Jun 30 07:54:57 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 6:12 AM, Alex Rollin wrote:

> If the stakeholder caretakers want to hold on and control the
> domain/traffic/resources then a list of what their duties are, and how
> they accept feedback before the public 'taking control' would ease the
> transition.  In effect, then, you would have an 'organization'.

Just as an aside, this is the basis of how Metagovernment has always
been organized.

Admins are listed:
http://metagovernment.org/wiki/Metagovernment:Community_Portal#Administrators
(though I guess that page needs some updating).

And earlier instances of the website which referenced a controlling
organization also provided terms for supercession. For example, this
is from the first edition of the website from March, 2007:

"The initial nonprofit institutions are to be viewed as transient and
goal-oriented. Each institution will incorporate into its bylaws a
part of its associated wiki, referred to as a continuing resolution.
That continuing resolution can amend the bylaws as necessary, and can
also cease continuance. In the latter case, the institution is then
required by its bylaws to dissolve itself."
http://www.metagovernment.org/archive/2007-03-20/