[MG] Discussion and democracy

Matías Battocchia battox at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:46:25 EDT 2010

Here is a list made of related projects and keywords that these projects use
to describe themselves. I've finished today, although I started with it when
suggested to move from collaborative governance to another name. Disclaimer:
I made some subjective annotations; not every project has a sharp
description of it in its website. Later I'm going to send my appreciation.

SOFTWARE
    * Adhocracy — liquid democracy
    * Candiwi — collaborative governance
    * CreateDebate — social debate
    * DecisionMaker — consensus voting / social choice
    * IdeaScale — idea voting / open government
    * Ideagraph — social debate / consensus tool
    * Indaba Application Network — voting
    * MixedInk — collaborative writing
    * NationBuilder — adhocracy
    * ProtoForge — idea voting / wiki
    * WhyNot? — idea voting
    * Vilfredo — collaborative governance
    * Votorola — liquid democracy
    * Wiki-Trust — wiki

INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
    * The Center for Deliberative Democracy — deliberative democracy
    * EarthOperatingSystem — wikicracy
          o Wikigovern (Dead page) — wikicracy
          o e-Parliament — eparliament
          o World Government — egovernment
    * Echologic — participatory democracy
    * eCitizen Foundation — egovernment
    * e-Democracy.org — edemocracy
    * Mass Collaboration — collaborative direct democracy
    * Metagovernment — collaborative governance
    * Open Politics — deliberative democracy
    * Our Constitution (Dead page) — collaborative
    * W3C eGovernment Interest Group — egovernment
    * The World Parliament Experiment — eparliament
    * Wikia: Politics — wikicracy
    * Wikicracy — wikicracy
    * Wikituition (abandoned) — wikicracy

ARGENTINA
    * Banca 93 — edemocracy
    * Eudemocracia — democracy

AUSTRALIA
    * Senator On-Line — internet political party

GERMANY
    * Mehr Demokratie — direct democracy party

HUNGARY
    * Party of Internet Democracy — direct democracy party
    * Kapcsolat.hu — edemocracy

ICELAND
    * Open Direct Democracy — open direct democracy

ISRAEL
    * Israeli Direct Democracy Movement — direct democracy

ITALY
    * Telematics Freedom Foundation  — democracy
    * Internetcrazia internet  — democracy
    * Casaleggio Associati  — net politics
    * Partito-Pirata  — egovernment

NEW ZELAND
    * Police Act Wiki  — wikicracy

RUSSIA
    * Mexnap  — direct democracy party

SOUTH AFRICA
    * Progressive Initiative  — electronic direct democracy

SPAIN
    * Democracia Directa Digital  — digital direct democracy
    * Wiki Partido direct  — democracy / wikicracy
    * Partido de Internet  — democracy

SWEDEN
    * Aktivdemokrati — internet party
    * Demoex — mix of direct and representative democracy
    * Direktdemokraterna — direct democracy party

UK
    * Dynamic Democracy — dynamic democracy
    * mySociety — edemocracy

United States
    * DemocracyLab — dynamic democracy
    * Govit — democracy
    * lowercase d — direct democracy
    * National Initiative for Democracy (NI4D) — democracy
    * Open Forum Foundation — decision-making
    * Open Source Digital Voting Foundation — evoting
    * Votetocracy — evoting
    * The White House 2 — adhocracy / decision-making
    * The Wikiocracy Project — wikiocracy