[MG] Is Main Page unapproachable?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun Jun 13 01:55:09 EDT 2010

Ed Pastore wrote:
> This is a pretty nice way of approaching it...

It doesn't quite reach the goal, though.  I feel there's more to what
we're doing, but I have trouble expressing it.

> ... Are you suggesting this for the Metagovernment home page? (Or is
> that a question implied in the question of what to call the FRVP?

Implied.  We need a home page for the entire cross-project effort.
Whether that effort is covered under the Metagoverment marquee (as you
suggest) or under a new umbrella (as Thomas suggests), this is to be
its home page.

If "project FRVP" isn't a good placeholder, please suggest another
(anyone).  It's better if all drafts of the home page use the same
name (it simplifies the difference bridging).

> ... I continue to suggest that free- range voting, while not the
> entirety of the mission of Metagovernment, is still quite a large
> part of it.)

I agree, it's only a part of the larger picture.  See, for example:
http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/G/p/frvp
But that's all technical.

It gets political, at this point.  If we tell the users what they can
do, it'll read like a political manifesto - the home page.

Also, who owns/controls the domain name of the umbrella?  Under what
terms?

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 647-436-4521