[MG] Kind of presentable (sort of)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Jun 10 23:32:55 EDT 2010

Ed Pastore wrote:
> Yes, I think it's a great improvement over past iterations. I
> specifically like the easy-to-understand interface box on the right.

Yes, those pages were pretty bad, before.  Par for the course - it
usually takes 2-3 design iterations to get a workable UI.

> My biggest complaint at this moment would be the subject matter for
> the test. I know that real policy-making is indeed complex and
> technical, but when presenting a test case, it does risk turning off
> the experimenter from playing with the system. People are already
> struggling with understanding the new idea of collaborative
> governance, the new format your presenting, plus the idea of cross-
> platform integration. Adding on top of that some moderately complex
> and arcane discussion of tax credits may be a bit much. :)

I agree, it might not be a good test case.  I point to it because (to
me) it looks the most realistic of all our polls.  But it's always
been inactive, and only intended as a showcase.
http://u.zelea.com/w/Tor/p/grfin

The most active poll in terms of user energy was for Votorola's home
page.  It had (and still has) 2 whole users (!).  We learned a lot
from playing with it.  But I don't want to showcase it because it
doesn't look representative to me.  (Also, Thomas isn't defining poll
divisions and division maps in his areas, so the page layout is
missing something.)  http://u.zelea.com/w/G/p/vohall

But for usability testing, the best issue is whatever most interests
people.  If you guys want to hammer out a home page for Metagov, for
example, that would be ideal.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 647-436-4521