[MG] Starting e-democracy: What next?

Kris Dev krisdev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 04:56:56 EDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

Thanks. Yes. I now live in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

I would like to test the tool by asking citizens to raise issues of concern
on the city. Is it possible to add a sub-city by the user?

Best,

Kris Dev

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Thomas von der Elbe <
ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Kris,
>

> Kris Dev wrote:
>
>> Can I create a geographic constituency any where in the world using a
>> Google
>> map and start raising issues (functional subject matter) for voting?
>>

> You can do this, but not with Google map. And it requires some explanation.
> We still need to write a help section on this. And then you can raise issues
> for voting ...
> Do you want me to create a specific geographic constituency for you?
>
> Best,
> Thomas

Kris Dev,
President & CEO,
Life Line to Business / Life Line to Citizen,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
email: krisdev at gmail.com
http://krisdev.wordpress.com/about/
Ph: + 91 98 408 52132 / 1 (206) 274 1635
Twitter: @krisdev

Winner of Innovations Award 2009 for IT Innovation;
Manthan Awardee 2006 for Rural Grass-Root Initiative in Establishing Unique
Biometric Identity for e-Inclusion & Livelihood Creation;
Selected for World Bank Innovation Fair 2010.

Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and
well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing
and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in
the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other
lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control. … Article 25 of the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

"A quick evaluation of the progress we have achieved in the last 20 years
shows that in the area of poverty alleviation, we have not done enough.
 History will judge us harshly, unless we seize the opportunity to do more."
- Archbishop Njongo Ndungane, President and Founder, African Monitor.

"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power the World will know
peace." Jimi Hendrix.

Practice is better than precept.