[MG] Kind of presentable (sort of)

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Wed Jun 9 14:11:51 EDT 2010

On Jun 6, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Michael Allan wrote:

> I've been working over the last week or so to make this stuff
> presentable (sort of).  Here's what I ended up with.  This page, for
> example, is a position draft for a city bylaw (ordinance). [1]
>
>   http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Tor/p/grfin
>   (hit refresh to see the latest styles)

This is really fantastic, Michael. I am still awaiting a large enough
window of time where I can really dig through it, but I would very
much encourage others to do so as well.

**This is worth spending some time on, folks!**

> Again, the front end is commons (supplier-neutral) technology.  The
> back end is currently serviced by Votorola.  But the back end is all
> plug-in components, so we can easily augment/replace Votorola. [2]

Can you explain a little better how that would work?

> This is a milestone for me.  The whole thing is finally at a point
> where it's potentially usable (sort of).  I originally predicted it
> would take six months (elections only), and ended up working on it for
> three years (but with legislative voting thrown in). [3]
>
> Is it good enough?  (I'm just coasting now, wondering what to do
> next.)
>
> [1] That's just one example.  I like cities, myself.  Ed prefers
>     small organizations, and Thomas prefers global issues.  But we
>     can cover all of them.

I prefer whatever will work. I just see small organizations as a good
starting point for cutting our teeth. In the end, I would like to see
everything. Since you seem to be enabling anything... let's see where
it gets implemented.