[MG] Kind of presentable (sort of)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun Jun 6 17:35:21 EDT 2010

I've been working over the last week or so to make this stuff
presentable (sort of).  Here's what I ended up with.  This page, for
example, is a position draft for a city bylaw (ordinance). [1]

   http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Tor/p/grfin
   (hit refresh to see the latest styles)

Again, the front end is commons (supplier-neutral) technology.  The
back end is currently serviced by Votorola.  But the back end is all
plug-in components, so we can easily augment/replace Votorola. [2]

This is a milestone for me.  The whole thing is finally at a point
where it's potentially usable (sort of).  I originally predicted it
would take six months (elections only), and ended up working on it for
three years (but with legislative voting thrown in). [3]

Is it good enough?  (I'm just coasting now, wondering what to do
next.)

 [1] That's just one example.  I like cities, myself.  Ed prefers
     small organizations, and Thomas prefers global issues.  But we
     can cover all of them.

 [2] Votorola also supplies the overall description of what we're doing
     with these tools: http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.xht

 [3] These are my original posts, from three years ago:
     http://groups.google.com/group/torcamp/browse_frm/thread/495cb0d9c0c08d0a
     http://groups.google.com/group/torcamp/browse_thread/thread/486035734280d5f9
     http://lists.hmdc.harvard.edu/lists/apsa_itp_at_lists_hmdc_harvard_edu/2007_08/threads.html
     http://groups.dowire.org/groups/research/messages/topic/4CtDeg0y1D2pY5MQX5I2Gv

     It's also a year since Thomas and I started working together with
     a focus on the common stuff (beyond Votorola). Thomas's invention
     of vote mirroring was crucial to the effort.  (You can't really
     do e-dem without vote mirroring.)  Here are his original posts:
     http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2009-May/author.html#1404

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 647-436-4521