[MG] Introducing PdI (Partido de Internet)

David Ruescas david.ruescas at partidodeinternet.es
Wed Jun 2 14:34:54 EDT 2010

On 2 June 2010 19:16, Kris Dev <krisdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In my opinion, the following statement "But still, for better or worse,
> people have come to expect privacy in voting.  They have come to believe
> that the secret ballot is a basic right (as though it were a hard won
> victory over the
> authorities, as opposed to an imposition by them!).  This is the sense in
> which I concede to David, for sake of the argument, that people do indeed
> expect privacy in voting" is a presumption, unless substantiated by voting!!

Well, you can try a little experiment. Next national elections, amble over
to a voting booth and require voters to reveal their votes before casting
them in the box, see what their reaction is ;-D

> Every one should have a choice for public or private voting on a case to
> case basis and can differ each time or may be the same,

 Well, if, as you say, you want to offer people a choice, then you
definitely have to support private voting, which is the harder of the two to
implement.

Kris Dev